Underworld: Blood Wars is a 2016 actionhorror film directed by Anna Foerster (in her directorial debut). It is the fifth installment in the Underworld franchise and the sequel to Awakening (2012), with Kate Beckinsalereprising her role as Selene. The main cast also includes Theo James, Tobias Menzies, Lara Pulver, Peter Andersson, Clementine Nicholson, Bradley James, and Charles Dance.
Principal photography began on October 19, 2015 in Prague, Czech Republic. The film was released on December 1, 2016 in various countries, including El Salvador, Australia, and New Zealand, and will subsequently be released in the United States on January 6, 2017 by Screen Gems.
Vampire death dealer Selene (Kate Beckinsale) continues her struggle against the Lycan clan and the Vampire faction that betrayed her, with both sides trying to use the blood of her and her daughter to become Corvinus Strain hybrids. After hiding her daughter, Selene, David (Theo James) and his father Thomas (Charles Dance), attempt to end the eternal war between Lycans and Vampires, though Selene must take a risk that may cost her her life
- Kate Beckinsale as Selene, a Death Dealer and a now Nordic Enhanced, Vampire-Corvinus Strain Hybrid.
- Theo James as David, a Vampire-Corvinus Strain Hybrid (formerly a Pure-Born Vampire), and Selene’s protégé and ally.
- Tobias Menzies as Marius, a Lycan leader.
- Lara Pulver as Semira, a fiercely ambitious Vampire who is the main female antagonist.
- Clementine Nicholson as Lena, the Nordic Coven’s greatest warrior and daughter of Vidar.
- Bradley James as Varga, the villain.
- Charles Dance as Thomas, a Vampire Elder and David’s father.
- James Faulkner as Cassius
- Daisy Head as Alexia
- Peter Anderssonas Vidar, the elder of the Nordic Coven
- Brian Caspe as Hajna
- Trent Garrett as Michael Corvin, a Lycan-Vampire Hybrid and Selene’s lover. Garrett replaces Scott Speedman, who played the role in three of the previous four films. Speedman appears in archived footage from Underworld and Underworld: Evolution for key scenes in Blood Wars.
- Sveta Driga as Amelia, replacing Zita Görög, who played the role in the first two films, following her retirement from acting. Görög appears in archived footage from Underworld: Evolution for several key scenes in Blood Wars.
- Oliver Stark as Gregor
India Eisley who portrayed as Eve in the fourth film, appears in archived footage from the fourth film and a stand-in’s portrayal in a distance and later an unconscious state. Additionaly, Eisley appears in a new scene created for Blood Wars.